|Module Title||BUSINESS BUDGETING AND APPRAISAL|
|Co-ordinator||Mr Penri James|
|Semester||Semester 2 (Taught over 2 semesters)|
|Course delivery||Lecture||1 x 2 hour lecture per week|
|Practical||8 x 3 hour practicals over two semesters|
1. Construct and analyse a set of financial statements
2. Describe the requirements when budgeting for businesses.
3. Identify the different techniques and resources available for budgeting.
4. Construct fully detailed farm business budgets (including financial statements).
5. Prepare an investment plan, including appraisal and selection of appropriate finance
6. Identify informational requirements of financial institutions in lending assessments.
.2 IT and information handling
Case study submission is word processed.
Extensive use of spreadsheets for accounts/budget construction
Extensive data analysis using spreadsheets
.3 Use and analysis of numerical information
Preparation of farm budgets
Analysis of farm budgets
.6 Careers need awareness
Case study is based on a real life scenario which a student could be expected to encounter
The Business budgeting and appraisal assignment requires the selection and analysis of appropriate information, within a specified timescale, to allow for the development of a budget. The volume of information encountered will not see the assignment submitted within set deadlines if self management is not practised.
.8 Group activity
Farm visits are a group activity
This module is at CQFW Level 5