|Module Title||LITERATURE PROJECT IN RURAL STUDIES|
|Co-ordinator||Professor Charles J Newbold|
|Semester||Semester 2 (Taught over 2 semesters)|
|Other staff||Dr Iwan G Owen|
|Mutually Exclusive||AG32720 , RS31330|
|Course delivery||Lecture||1 x 2 hr lecture/briefing per week|
1. Demonstrate the skills necessary to research literature on a particular topic.
2. Identify relevant issues.
3. Critically discuss evidence.
4. Produce coherent, fully referenced essays.
5. Develop a critical, evaluative and analytical approach towards a body of literature.
.2 IT and information handling
It is expected that the essay(s) will be word processed.
.4 Writing in an academic context
This skill is an integral feature of the literature reviews, and students will be assessed on this ability.
.7 Self management
Students will be expected to manage their own time in order to meet submission deadlines.
This module is at CQFW Level 6