|Module Title||EQUINE VETERINARY SCIENCE|
|Co-ordinator||Dr Mina C G Davies-Morel|
|Other staff||Kate O'Sullivan|
|Course delivery||Lecture||1 x 1 hour lecture per week|
1. Relate the biological and equine science information previously gained to the principles behind equine veterinary medicine.
2. Discuss the preventive, diagnostic and curative medicine for a range of common equine ailments.
3. Know when to call for veterinary assistance and the restrictions placed upon them as lay people.
4. Discuss and evaluate the use of the major items of modern technology used in equine veterinary practice.
5. Discuss the causes, prevention, cure and prognoses for the more common equine injuries.
|Research skills||Students will be required to include critical analysis and evaluation of current research in their essay, as such students' research skills will be developed.|
|Communication||The coursework for the module will be an essay, as such students' ability to communicate their ideas and information retrieved effectively in writing will be directly assessed.|
This module is at CQFW Level 7