Project name: QPAC
Intelligent reuse of process FMEA information
Start date: September 1995 Finish date: August
EPSRC ACME Grant £157,354
Chris Price, Mark Ratcliffe, Ian Pegler
|Morris Ashby Castings Ltd
|| Kaye (Presteigne) Ltd
|Burdon & Miles Ltd
The main aim of the project is to show how integration of process design
information with factory floor troubleshooting knowledge will benefit both
the design task and the troubleshooting task. This aim will be attained
by implementing systems at an aluminium foundry to integrate the design
and diagnostic processes, and examining their effectiveness and their limitations.
It can be broken down into the following tasks:
- Study of the information flows in the foundry.
- Construction of information recording system.
- Implementation of case-based troubleshooting system linked to the information
- Construction of problem analysis system.
- Implementation of system to provide information for process FMEA.
- Evaluation of the effectiveness and general applicability of the systems.
We believe that development of such systems will make important information
consistently available throughout the organisation. This will have significant
quality benefits for the company using them. The results of the project
will be carefully analysed to extract the lessons of general relevance to
all such organisations with similar needs.
Click here for further
details regarding the QPAC project.