National Student Survey 2016 (NSS):
- Overall Satisfaction – 95%
- Quality of Teaching – 89%
Employability Information 2016 (DHLE):
- Graduates in work or further study – 95%
- Graduate level employment – 74%
Student Led Teaching Awards 2016:
- Department of the Year
- Personal Tutor of the Year
- Supervisor of the Year (Postgraduate)
Welcome to the School of Education and Lifelong Learning. The School of Education is located in P5 on the main University campus with brand new learning and teaching environments.
Our primary mission as the School of Education is to provide students with learning opportunities of the highest academic and professional standard within a positive and supportive environment. In teaching and research the School is committed to serving the educational, cultural, linguistic and social needs of Wales and attaches great importance to contributing to the community in which it is based. In doing so, we value highly collaboration with independent providers in the community, partnership schools, unitary authorities and other local and national educational institutions, as well as our other contacts in the UK, Europe and the wider world.
Our programmes of study (full and part-time) are going from strength to strength and are continually being updated to meet learners’ interests and career goals where emphasis is placed on enhancing employability.
Education is a life long process and there should be some course for everyone at whatever stage you are at in life. The School offers a wide range of courses, such as:
- single honours BA in Childhood Studies, Education and International Development and Education with other subjects;
- PGCE secondary level
- continuing professional development courses for teachers at masters level , and
- research degrees in Education.
Full details of the various courses are available on the respective web pages.