Dr Guy Baron (with Dr Antonio Pitaluga)
'Contemporary Cuban Cinema: New Spaces, New Histories' Seminar series of the British Academy Link Programme UK-Latin America and the Caribbean: A joint project between the University of Havana and Aberystwyth University (2012 and 2013) more
W. Davies and Professor Evelyn Ziegler (Duisburg-Essen)
are co-organising a session on ‘Microlinguistics and Language Planning’ at the Sociolinguistics Symposium 19 in Berlin, August 22-24, 2012.
Wini Davies is co-organising and contributing to a workshop on 'Deutsch im gymnasialen Unterricht: Deutschland, Luxemburg und die deutschsprachige Schweiz im Vergleich' in Koblenz on March 8, 2014. The workshop will be attended by speakers from Austria, Germany, Luxembourg and Switzerland (and Aberystwyth).
D. A Trotter
Organizer of Present and future research in Anglo-Norman, Aberystwyth University, July 2011.
Co-organizer with Maria Iliescu and Dominique Lagorgette of: Repenser l’histoire du français? Université de Savoie, Chambéry, October 2011
J. Manuel Goñi
- Co-organiser, with McGill University (Canada), and the research Institute Universitas Castellae (Spain), of three International Conferences in June 2014 (Science and Literature), June 2015 (Trauma and Literature) and June 2016 (Bibliophilist and cultural transmission) in Valladolid, Spain.
- Co-organiser of “Los lenguajes de la guerra: imagen y propaganda”, Conference held in Santander 29-30 September 2011.
Principal organiser (together with Peter Davies) of the fourth workshop of the Holocaust and translation Network, one-day workshop, IGRS, University of London, 24 February 2011.
Principal organiser of the second workshop of the Holocaust and translation Network, one-day workshop, University of Sussex, 1 July 2010.
Principal organiser (together with Bea Lewkowicz) ‘Seventy Years On: the Kindertransport – New Developments in Research’, one-day workshop at the Centre for German and Austrian Exile Studies, IGRS, University of London, 2009.
1. Organizer of ‘Borders and Crossings’ travel writing conference, Aberystwyth, 10-12 July 2017
2. Co-organized (with Prof Daniel Carey) the conference ‘Ars Apodemica: Invention, Tradition, Innovation’, National University of Ireland Galway, 6-7 November 2016
3. Co-organized (with Dr Rachel Willie, Prof Andrew Hiscock and Dr Rhun Emlyn) ‘Travel and Conflict in the Medieval and Early Modern World’, conference of the Institute of Medieval and Early Modern Studies, 3-5 September 2015
Organizer of 'Post-medieval crusades: languages, contexts, change c 1400-1700', Aberystwyth University, 7-9 June 2010