|Delivery Type||Delivery length / details|
|Seminars / Tutorials||2 Hours.|
|Other||12 Hours. Group Work|
|Assessment Type||Assessment length / details||Proportion|
|Semester Assessment||2 individually assessed pieces of 20% and 60% respectively||80%|
|Semester Assessment||1 piece of group work||20%|
|Supplementary Assessment||Individual pieces of work only, students will resubmit only failed pieces of work.||100%|
On successful completion of this module students should be able to:
* Appreciate the linkage between financial accounting, management accounting and finance and management general
* Be able to select appropriate techniques, apply them and interpret the outcomes
* Identify the broader context in which business decisions are made
* And have further developed their decision making and team working skills
The module is designed to assist students in integrating the various disciplines studied in an Accounting and Finance degree.
The module intergrates finance, financial accounting and management accounting through the use of an interactive business game. Groups of students acting as company directors are required to run a company.
- Working in teams, students take the role of directors of a company through the use of an interactive business game. * As a member of a board of directors you are responsible for the running of a company competing against other student-run companies, requiring you to make key decisions after performing appropriate analyses of detailed information about your company and its environment.
- As a board of directors you are required to make decisions concerning staffing, raw material costs, quality and quantities, product prices and terms, marketing, research and development and financing.
- You will draw on the disciplines of financial accounting, management accounting, finance and management in general, and will use statistical and economic analyses as appropriate.
The course manual which is distributed at the briefing lecture is essential reading
This module is at CQFW Level 6