SCHOOL LIBRARIES AND LEARNING RESOURCES
Available all semesters
|Assessment Type||Assessment length / details||Proportion|
|Semester Assessment||annotated bibliography consisting of 10 electronic resources||60%|
|Semester Assessment||essay approx 1,500 words||40%|
After completing this module you should be able to:
- explain how school libraries have developed in the context of recent educational changes;
- describe the information needs of the school community;
- discuss the significance of the learning characteristics of different materials available to support teaching and learning;
- assess the role which the school library could play in support of the school curriculum - particularly in relation to information skills;
- outline the main issues of managing learning resources in the school context - particularly the task of marketing these resources effectively explain the role and competencies of school library staff.
The aims of this module are to:
- describe the role that school libraries can play in support of teaching and learning;
- identify the range of services and resources needed to enable a school library to perform this role effectively;
- discuss the major issues of managing a school library resource centre.
This module is at CQFW Level 7