- Professor Peter Lloyd (Professor - Southampton Solent University)
|Delivery Type||Delivery length / details|
|Seminar||10 x 2 Hour Seminars|
|Assessment Type||Assessment length / details||Proportion|
|Semester Assessment||Assignment 1: Presentation 1 Case study in progress, notebook and project 1||10%|
|Semester Assessment||Assignment 2: Portfolio 1 Project 1 and notebook||20%|
On successful completion of this module students should be able to:
1. Conduct research into one case study via library, internet, gallery archives, gallery visits, studio visits etc.
2. Reflect on, evaluate, constructively critique and so understand one case study in relation to their own practice (projects 1 & 2).
3. Systematically develop and present the case study via a presentation alongside the project 1 and notebook and 1 essay utilizing a range of presentation methods e.g. images, media clips, artifacts, and academic sources).
4. Identify, pursue and document a viable creative enquiry through research, experimentation, and evaluation towards developing and concluding projects 1 & 2
5. Articulate the research process and creative development via a range of means (from traditional written work, to oral presentations, and installation/realisation)
6. Work towards a deadline and public event.
7. Complete 4 x project proposals and risk assessments for a public Arts Centre event
In Semester two, lectures, seminars, group tutorials and workshops will further develop the students awareness of Interdisciplinary practices and theories towards the development of their practice based project (2) which will be an ‘Intervention’ site-responsive or site-specific temporary project that will be curated and installed within and around the Abersytwyth Arts Centre, offering an exciting opportunity for the students to directly engage with a public platform.
Week 1 Introduction to the module
Week 2 Lecture and seminar: Case Study: Theatre and Performance (guest lecturer tbc)
Week 3 Group tutorial: project 1 in progress
Week 4 Lecture and seminar: Case Study: Creative Writing (Damian Gorman)
Week 5 Group tutorial: project 1 in progress
Week 6 Reading Week
Week 7 Lecture and seminar: Case Study: Film (Reuben Knutson)
Week 8 Group tutorial: project 1 in progress
Week 9 Lecture and seminar: Case Study: Fine Art (Miranda Whall)
Week 10 Group tutorial: project 1 in progress
Week 11 Assignment 1: Presentation: case study, notebook and project 1
This module is at CQFW Level 5