- Ms Jacqueline P Urwin (College Librarian - Durham University)
|Delivery Type||Delivery length / details|
|Lecture||11 x 2 Hour Lectures|
|Assessment Type||Assessment length / details||Proportion|
|Semester Assessment||Information systems analysis - Project Report||100%|
|Supplementary Assessment||Submisison of supplementary coursework of 1,250-1,500 words discussing a systems analysis issue||100%|
At the end of the module students should be able to:
- Design questionnaires and interview schedules;
- Identify and represent users'information requirements, using a variety of charting techniques;
- Consider the organisational issues involved in changing an information system;
- Analyse in outline the information flows within a system.
Systems thinking and systems behaviour, including the systems approach to management; the role of organisational culture in change and the application of chaos theory to organisational behaviour; questionnaire and interview techniques for assessing user information requirements; principles of soft systems methodologies; use of rich pictures and charting techniques UML use cases, introduction to project management techniques.
This module is at CQFW Level 6