The Target English Course offers you the chance to improve your English language skills in a University environment. The course runs during the academic year, between September and May. You can join for between 4 and 30 weeks. Some students join Target English simply to boost their English, while others use it as a stepping stone onto another course. Whatever your motivation, Target English offers an intensive and stimulating language learning experience.
What the course offers
- Small classes, maximum 16 students but usually fewer
- Classes at different levels from pre-intermediate to upper-intermediate
- Individual focus on your own language needs
- Personal tutorial support
- 20 hours of tuition per week
- Regular homework
- Regular use of modern, well-equipped multi-media language laboratory
- Access to university computer facilities, including e-mail and internet
- Use of university library and information services
- A friendly and safe atmosphere in an attractive seaside town.
Who is the course for?
- All Levels from Pre-Intermediate upwards
- Students Planning to enter university
- Students who want general English tuition
- Short-stay and long stay students
- Students who want to improve their English in a University environment, and develop both their general and academic language skills.
- Students who need to increase their language level in order to join a Pre-sessional, Pre-Masters or International foundation Certificate.
What will I study?
The course covers language development, communicative and academic skills and includes 20 classroom hours a week. As well as improving your everyday English, you will have opportunities to develop your speaking, listening, reading and writing skills through a variety of academic tasks. The course also explores aspects of British and Welsh culture, and encourages students to extend their learning well beyond the classroom.
Dates and Fees
Dates and Tuition Fees 2016-2017
|Term 1||26 September 2016 - 16 December 2016||12 weeks||£2,700|
|Term 2||9 January 2017 - 7 April 2017||13 weeks||£2,925|
|Term 3||2 May 2017 - 2 June 2017||5 weeks||£1,125|
Dates and Tuition Fees 2017-2018
|Term 1||25 September 2017 - 15 December 2017||12 weeks||£3,000|
|Term 2||8 January 2018 - 23 March 2018||11 weeks||£2,750|
|Term 3||16 April 2018 - 1 June 2018||7 weeks||£1,750|
You Must be over 17 years old before the course start date.
You must have an English level of at least CEFR B1 (IELTS 4.0).
What our students say
Minwoo Jeong, South Korea
Hi, there. I'm Johnny (Minwoo Jeong) from South Korea. I'm majoring in English Literature at Silla University in Korea. Last year, I studied in Aberystwyth for 4 months on the Target English Course. I was really happy there and I am sure that the UK is the best country in Europe to study in. I liked the British accent, culture and people and I really want to go back to the UK. This year is my last year in my uni in Korea, and now I am seriously considering about going back to Aberystwyth to do a Masters.
How to apply
You can download an application from here.
- Complete the application form and return it to us by email or post, with a copy of your passport and any other documents specified on the application form.
- If you would like to stay in the university accommodation, tick this box on your application form. We will arrange your accommodation. You do not need to make a separate application for accommodation.
- We will assess your application to ensure that the course you have applied for is appropriate for your needs, and that you meet our entry requirements. If you have not met the entry requirements we will recommend a course for you (subject to availability).
- When we accept your application, we will send you an offer letter and an invoice. You will be asked to pay a deposit for your course. You can choose to pay the full fee at this time, or just the deposit.
- Once you have paid your deposit, your course application is complete. If you have not paid the full fee before, you must pay it on the first day of the course.
International English Centre, Llandinam Building, Penglais Campus, Aberystwyth, SY23 3DB UK
Tel: +44 1970 622545 / 622547 Fax: +44 1970 622546 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org