We guarantee accommodation for all first year postgraduates.*
By choosing to live in Aberystwyth, you will choose to live in the safest University town in Wales and one of the safest in the UK. With something to suit all tastes and budgets we are sure that you'll be happy, safe and secure in our accommodation.
We have a friendly residences team which are on hand 24/7 to support our students in both academic and residential life.
Take a look at our 360 degree accommodation tours to view our accommodation.
We know that postgraduate and PhD students have different needs to Undergraduates. With this in mind, our accommodation offers you the following benefits:
- Dedicated Postgraduate accommodation
- A range of convenient locations
- Contract lengths to suit you
- No guarantor required - arranging accommodation with us is easy
- All-inclusive rents - no extra bills to pay
- Wi-Fi in all residences
- Learning zones within residences, including PC's, Wi-Fi, group meeting space, soft seating & vending
- If the residence you are offered does not provide accommodation through the summer you can also apply for accommodation in our Summer Residences
- Every effort will be made to house students in their first choice of Residence but sadly it is not always possible to meet these preferences in every case.
We recognise that some Postgraduate courses run for 52 weeks and so we offer a variety of licence lengths to suit you, but please be aware that the longest length of stay we can offer is 50 weeks.
Visit our Accommodation website to find out more about our accommodation for Postgraduate students and the types of accommodation available.
Step by Step Guide to Getting Postgraduate Accommodation
- Apply to AU for a place on a course of research programme
- Receive your Conditional Offer letter from Postgraduate Admissions – Get your 10 digit personal ID number
- Fulfil the conditions of the offer – you can only apply for accommodation once this is done
- From 1st April onwards receive your invitation to apply online for accommodation (Letter sent by e-mail and posted to home address)
- Apply online for accommodation. Applications open 1st April. Apply by 1st September to be guaranteed accommodation
- Your electronic offer of accommodation is automatically sent to you – Check e-mail regularly, including Junk.
- Activate your AU e-mail account to be able to accept your Accommodation Offer – July onwards
Accommodation 360 videos
Apply by 1st September in the year of entry and respond to the offer of accommodation by the deadline date detailed in the Accommodation Offer and you will be guaranteed a place in University owned or managed residences. Terms and conditions apply; please refer to our Accommodation website for further details