Studying through medium of Welsh
Aberystwyth University offers a high level of provision for students to be able to study through the medium of Welsh - one of the highest in Wales.
We offer opportunities for students who are fluent in Welsh, in addition to those who are less confident or learners.
There are variations in undergraduate course modules and the amount that can be studied through the medium of Welsh.
Some offer a few modules in Welsh, while others the entire course. You can also study modules in Welsh even if you are studying mainly in English.
Why study in Welsh at Aberystwyth University?
- 99% of graduates who studied through the medium of Welsh were in employment and/or further study 6 months after graduation (Higher Education Statistics Agency, 2018);
- There is a demand for young professionals who can work bilingually;
- The salaries for bilingual careers are on average higher;
- Studying through the medium of Welsh at the University will provide you with an excellent foundation for your career;
- Aberystwyth University offers students £250 to study through the medium of Welsh. Find out more.
- Many of our undergraduate courses are eligible for Coleg Cymraeg Cenedlaethol Scholarships, worth up to £3,000;
- Search our Welsh-medium courses.