Accommodation applications for 2018/19 are now open – How To Apply
If you enjoyed staying in University Accommodation, why not stay with us for another year where you can continue to experience an all-inclusive, stress free and supportive envrironment? Plus no increase in 2018/19 Accommodation Fees from 2017/18 in Cwrt Mawr, Rosser, Trefloyne and Pantycelyn-Penbryn.
Why stay with us?
- All energy bills included
- Hard wired and wireless internet included
- Free Sports Centre Platinum Membership for your health & wellbeing
- Choose to live with your friends in flats/houses from 2-10 bedrooms
- Current students allocated to flats together- not mixed with first year students
- Places available for students in all years (2nd, 3rd & 4th year etc)
- Convenient location close to academic and campus facilities, as well as the town centre- Accommodation options
- If you already live with us then no further deposit to pay*! If not, deposit only £100
- Laundry facilities on site
- 24/7 help and assistance
- 24/7 Learning Centres within easy access to your residence
- Insurance included
- Payment plans available for accommodation fees
- Guarantors not required
- A range of licence lengths plus University Summer Accommodation available
*If you are already holding a deposit with us then any remaining balance will be used to secure your place for the next academic year; however, if your deposit has fallen below the required £100 then you will be required to pay any shortfall.
Please note that:
- Applications for accommodation are processed on a first come first served basis in the date and time order that they were successfully submitted. For further information please refer to our What happens next after applying for University Accommodation webpage.
- In previous years the majority of students who have applied for university accommodation in their returning years have been given their 1st choice!
Taking a Year Out
Students taking a year out in Industry or Abroad will still have access to their Aberystwyth University email account and therefore are asked to apply for accommodation in the same way as other current students for the following academic year. Please check your email account regularly.
Further details about these schemes can be found on the Year in Employment Scheme (YES) pages.
What are my options?
Despite any rumours you may hear, don’t rush to arrange accommodation for your second, third (or fourth) year of study. There is no shortage of student accommodation in Aberystwyth!
Traditionally, the house hunting period starts from November in preparation for the coming September, giving you plenty of time to decide where you want to live and who you want to live with. When it comes to finding accommodation for next year DON'T RUSH – settle in and enjoy University life!
Remember that once you have signed an accommodation contract (and paid deposits where required) it is very difficult, and sometimes impossible, to reverse the decision, so make sure you have thought everything through before deciding.
You have lots of options open to you such as living in university accommodation, living in private sector student housing, using either our Aber Studentpad Accommodation Database or various letting agents in Aberystwyth to find a student house or flat, or renting a room with other large student accommodation providers.