How to apply
Before you apply for accommodation, familiarise yourself with the accommodation options where you can explore our range of accommodation to find ones that suit you, as you will be asked to list them in order of preference. Once you've done that, fill in our easy, straightforward application form.
When can I apply?
Then, just follow the easy steps below to help you when completing your application for accommodation:
Step 1 - Accommodation Portal
Wherever you see this logo you can simply click on it to access the Accommodation Portal* where you will find our accommodation application form.
Step 2 - Log in to Accommodation Portal
Log in as follows:
- If you are a New Undergraduate - Log in as ‘New Student’ using your 10 digit UCAS Personal ID, Surname & Date of Birth. Please note you can only apply for university accommodation if you have selected Aberystwyth as either your Firm or Insurance choice University.
- If you are a New Postgraduate - Log in as ‘New Student’ using your Personal ID number, Surname & Date of Birth. Please note you can only apply for University Accommodation if you have recieved an offer to study at Aberystwyth University
- If you are a Current Student - Log in as ‘Current Student’ using your Aberystwyth University Username (first part of your Aber e-mail address e.g. abc1) & Password.
- If you are a New Erasmus or Exchange Student – Log in as ‘Current Student’ using your Aberystwyth University Username (first part of your Aber e-mail address e.g. abc1) & Password. Please note you can only apply for university accommodation when all of the conditions of your academic offer have been met and you have activated your Aberystwyth University IT account (e-mails are sent from Information Services inviting students to do this from July onwards).
- If you are a PGCE Student – Log in as ‘Current Student’ using your Aberystwyth University Username (first part of your Aber e-mail address e.g. abc1) & Password. Please note you can only apply for University Accommodation when all of the conditions of your academic offer have been met and you have activated your Aberystwyth University IT account (e-mails are sent from Information Services inviting students to do this from July onwards).
Step 3 - Select Application Period
Select the application period you wish to apply for e.g 'Aberystwyth University Accommodation – Academic Year 2019/2020'.
Step 4 - Application form
Select 'Application Form'.
Step 5 - Complete Application Steps
Complete all five steps of the application form:
1) Your details -
The e-mail address you provide above will be used to send any correspondence to you until you have activated your Aberystwyth University IT Account. Therefore, please ensure that this is an active e-mail address and that you check it on a regular basis. We advise againstusing school or college e-mail addresses as this may become inactive after you have left.
From July onwards, once your place to study at Aberystwyth University has been confirmed, details on how to activate your Aberyswyth University IT account will be sent to you by e-mail from Information Services.
You should activate your Aberystwyth University IT account as soon as you are invited to do so in order to avoid any delays in accepting your accommodaton offer - you will be given a deadline date to complete this process.
Please note that once you have activated your Aberystwyth University IT Account, all correspondence will be sent to this e-mail address, therefore it is important that you can check it on a regular basis.
2) Accommodation options -
You will be required to prioritise the accommodation options available to you. Please prioritise ALL of the accommodation options below by using the srop-down boxes found in 'Order of Preference' (1= first choice, 2= second choice etc). You are required to select a priority for ALL accommodation options before being able to proceed; with an exception of the Welsh Medium Residences that are available for Welsh speakers and learners who wish to live in a Welsh speaking environment.
3) Accommodation Preferance -
Subject to availability, would you like to be accommodated with students of the same gender as you?
By providing this information you are consenting to the processing of this data in relation to your accommodation requirements. However, if you would like to discuss accommodation requirements further then please don't hesitate to contact the Accommodation Office.
4) Accessibility, Disability & Health -
The University welcomes applications from disabled students, those with long standing physical/mental health conditions or a specific learning difference and endeavours to put appropriate support in place. The Accessibility Services Team can assist you with accessing the required type of accommodation, e.g. adapted / en-suite accommodation.
To help us allocate you to the most appropriate type of accommodation, do you have any medical condition(s) or specific access requirements e.g. physical/mental health condition(s), faith requirements, gender identity requirements?
Please note, that if you select ‘yes’ you will be required to provide additional information to support your application. By providing this information you are consenting to its processing in relation to your accommodation requirements. This data may be shared on a need-to-know basis with other University members of staff for the purpose of assessment and to determine if there are any other ways in which we can offer you appropriate support.
Please contact Accessibility Services, by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phone on (01970) 621761 or 622087, as soon as possible to provide appropriate evidence in support of your application. Without appropriate evidence your application may be subject to delays, resulting in your preferred type of accommodation being unavailable. Please note that all accommodation allocations are subject to availability.
5) Review and Submit -
Please ensure all information is correct as once submitted, you will not be able to change anything.
Step 6 - Submit Application
Once you are happy that all details on the application form are correct, click 'Submit Application'.
A confirmation e-mail will automatically be sent to you.