How to apply
Aberystwyth University has around 3,500 bedrooms available in our residences that are either owned or managed by the University.
When can I apply for accommodation?
When you complete the application form you will be asked to self-select your room. Therefore, before you apply for accommodation why not take a look at the range of options we have available on our Accommodation Options webpage. We offer a variety of residences; including standard rooms with shared bathrooms, en-suite rooms and self-contained studios.
How do I apply for accommodation?
Step 1 - Accommodation Portal
Login to the Accommodation Portal .
The Accommodation Portal is an online service to apply and secure accommodation at Aberystwyth University.
Login as follows:
- New Undergraduate Students- click on ‘Register’ to register your details using your personal email address and date of birth. You should use the same email address that you used to apply for your course. You are only eligible to apply for University accommodation if you have selected Aberystwyth as either your Firm or Insurance choice University.
- New Postgraduate Students- click on ‘Register’ to register your details using your personal email address and date of birth. You are only eligible to apply for University Accommodation if you have received an offer to study at Aberystwyth University.
- Current Students - you can login with your Aberystwyth University IT account by clicking on the 'ABER Student Login' button.
- Study Abroad and Exchange Students - you are only eligible to apply for University accommodation when all of the conditions of your academic offer have been met and you have activated your Aberystwyth University IT account. You can then login using your University username and password.
- PGCE Students – you are only eligible to apply for University accommodation when all of the conditions of your academic offer have been met and you have activated your Aberystwyth University IT account. You can then login using your University username and password.
Step 2 - Select your Room
Select the relevant application period e.g 'Book Accommodation for the 2023/24 Academic Year'.
Select a hall and contract length.
You’ll have the option to select your room and whether you would like to be in a same gender or mixed gender flat.
Step 3 - Application Process
Once you have an Unconditional Firm (UF) offer of study, you can proceed with your application.
Please check that your details are correct.
Once your place to study at Aberystwyth University has been confirmed, details on how to activate your IT account will be sent to you by email from Information Services from July onwards.
Once you have activated your IT account, you will need to log in via the ABER Student Login button. All correspondence will be sent to this email address, therefore it is important that you check your emails on a regular basis.
If you have any medical conditions or specific access requirements, or if you require assistance to evacuate the building in an emergency, please let us know.
You will be required to contact Accessibility Services to provide appropriate evidence in support of your application.
You may be moved to a more appropriate room if it is recommended in your accessibility assessment.
Please check that your booking details are correct and select your preferred payment schedule, if required.
The Accommodation Occupation Contract is a legal contract between you and the University which lays out your obligations and the University’s obligations. Make sure you read and understand the terms and conditions.
Please make sure you have a credit or debit card ready to pay the acceptance fee which is equivalent to 7 nights’ rent.
If you are a New Student, make sure you apply for your Aber Card online so that it is ready for you when you arrive.
If you are returning to University and have lost your Aber Card, it is your responsibility to report it as lost or stolen to Information Services firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01970 622400.
Aber Cards can be replaced at the Hugh Owen Library.
Connect with your Flatmates
If you would like to get in contact with your new flatmates, you will have the opportunity to share your social media details so that you can make connections before you arrive.
Your details will only be viewed and shared with your flatmates. You don’t have to share your details if you don’t want to, and you can amend or remove them at any time.
You will be taken to our payment provider to set up the payment schedule for your recurring payments. Please make sure you have a valid credit or debit card.
Please make sure that your booking confirmation is correct. A confirmation email will automatically be sent to you.
You can log in to the portal at any time to view your booking.
Before you arrive, you will need to complete the Induction Programme which will provide you with useful information on living in University accommodation.
You will be contacted by email when the Induction Programme is available for you to complete.
Cancelling your booking
You can cancel your booking at any time prior to moving in by logging back in to the portal.
Your acceptance fee will be refunded as long as you cancel before the deadline given on the Booking Overview page.
What happens next?
We appreciate that for many of you this may be the first time that you have lived away from home, so to help you we have put together a handy checklist, along with useful information on when you can move in and most importantly where you need to go to collect your key from on our Moving in webpage.