Giving to Aber
Whether you choose to give once or give regularly, we are very grateful for you choosing to do so. Working together, we can expand upon our world-class research and provide every student with outstanding opportunities, on a professional, personal, and academic level.
There are various ways to give to Aberystwyth University, outlined below. Should you have any questions whatsoever, please do not hesitate to email us or call on 01970 621 568.
You can give:
- By post: print off and complete our Donation Form, returning to the freepost address provided.
- By phone: call 01970 621 568 to make a regular or single gift payment by debit/credit card.
- Online: you can pay online via Paypal.
We also accept cheques, GAYE vouchers and CAF vouchers, which can be enclosed with your postal donation form.
All cheques and vouchers can be made payable to “Aberystwyth University Development Fund”.
Make your gift go further
- Gift Aid: If you are a UK taxpayer, you can choose to Gift Aid your donation. This means that every £1 you donate, another 25p is added to your donation, at no extra cost to you. Simply tick the box on the donation form to confirm you are happy to add Gift Aid to your donation.
- Payroll giving: Your gift could be worth even more to the University by giving through the payroll giving scheme. The scheme allows you to donate directly from your pre-tax salary. Ask your Payroll department if the scheme is available.
- Matched giving: Does your employer have a matching gift scheme? If so, your gifts to Aber University can be matched by your employer. Ask your HR or Payroll department if a matching gift scheme is available and how it works.
- Challenge gifts: We welcome discussions from major supporters who will offer substantial donations provided that Aber University can match them. Contact us if you’d like to discuss further.
There are other ways you can give to Aber, outlined below:
Leaving a legacy It is not without reason that legacies are often called the ‘greatest gift of all’. Leaving a gift can have a huge impact on future generations of students and can shape the future direction of the University. Learn more about leaving a gift in your will on our Legacy webpage.
Stocks and shares Donating through stocks and shares is the most tax-efficient method of supporting, benefiting both you and Aber University.
Giving from the USA US taxpayers can make online donations to Aberystwyth University which are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law in the USA. Aberystwyth University is affiliated with two organisations that are 501(c)(3) organisations American Fund for Charities (AFC) and British Schools & Universities Foundation (BSUF). You can donate online via BSUF and AFC.
Gifts in kind We welcome gifts of assets other than money, shares or property. Donors wishing to make conditions regarding the destination, housing or sale of such gifts should contact us in advance so that we can ensure that we can honour any such wish before accepting the gift.
Land and property We are happy to accept donations of land or property, whether it is a gift or left in your will.
Giving from Europe If you reside in a European country, you may be able to give through a partner foundation, Transnational Giving Europe (TGE). Visit the Transnational Giving Europe website to find out whether your residing country is included. You will need to contact your residing country’s organisation for further details with making tax-effective donations to Aber.