Effective Contribution Scheme (ECS)
For guidance for reviewees using the Effective Contribution Scheme online portal click here
For guidance for reviewers using the Effective Contribution Scheme online portal click here
To view the NEW Panopto presentation please click here
If you are unable to use the electronic system for any reason a word version is available here: Effective Contribution Scheme Form
In summary the Effective Contribution Scheme is:
- One meeting – once a year
- Combines the 3 elements for Academic staff: WAMM, PeRP and SDPR so that the discussion about quality and impact is joined up
- Enables conversations about expectations and flexibility of role
- Joins up the conversation about role and career development – in particular for REF 2020 and for the contribution of all staff to their department/Institute and to the University.
- The route to define the Probation Compact for new staff – no different or additional forms are required.
The aim of the ECS is to allow discussion to ensure that each individual can maximise the quality and impact of their contribution whilst considering their training needs and giving appropriate support to develop staff to be able to perform their role and manage their workload.
During the ECS meeting personal goals and training needs should be clearly linked to the aims and objectives in the Department/Institute Planning and Budget round submission and to the university’s three core aims; Recruitment, Reputation and Sustainability.
The ECS will enable these discussions to take place. It will also provide the opportunity for staff to explore health and wellbeing issues and work-life balance.
The combined scheme will also reduce the burden of administration on managers and staff.
Although the combination of SDPR, PeRP and WAM effects only academic staff, for ease of reference the SDPR process for professional support staff will also be re-named as the Effective Contribution scheme with a focus on their contribution to their Department and the University.