17/09/2014From the start of term (September 2014), you will now need your Aber Card to access the Physical Sciences Library. Opening hours for the library are:
- Term-time hours Monday-Friday: 08:30-19:30
- During the holidays Monday-Friday: 08:30-17:30.
The library will be staffed during term-times between 14:00-17:00 and Sahm Nikoi, the Subject Librarian, will continue to have a regular presence in the library. The library is unstaffed outside of these times but access remains to the library books and journals, library spaces, computers and the printer. All library users are reminded of the need to have their Aber card to access the library and to ensure that they keep their Aber Card with them when they exit.
04/09/2014We are pleased to be able to reduce the cost of replacement Aber cards for students and staff, and can offer free replacements in some instances:
- Lost card: £8.00 (previously £15)
- Damaged or broken card: No charge (previously £2)
- Stolen card (where Police crime report number is supplied): No charge ( previously £2)
New students and staff will still receive their first Aber card free of charge
04/08/2014Ebrary has begun to use the popular Bluefire app for offline reading. The Bluefire app is highly rated and can be used on iOS (iPad and iPhone) and Android devices. Consequently, they are retiring ebrary’s dedicated mobile app as of 4th August. The Bluefire app can be downloaded via the App Store or Google Play.
31/07/2014As of 1st August 2014, Document Supply charges are as follows (due to British Library price increases):
- Books: currently £12.05 – new charge £12.65
- Photocopy (journal article) for retention: currently £8.05 – new charge £9.40
- Secure electronic delivery (journal article): currently £7.80 – new charge either £6 or £9.42 depending on source of material requested
- International requests: Books: currently £12.05 – new charge £12.65
- International requests: photocopy (journal article): currently £8.05 – new charge £9.40
- Renewal fee: currently £4.45 – new charge £5.46
Requests can be made directly via Primo, the library catalogue http://primo.aber.ac.uk - by choosing the Document Supply button and logging in where prompted. Further information at: http://www.aber.ac.uk/en/is/library/documentsupply/
30/07/2014The University owns a number of Mendelssohn letters and scores, bequeathed over a century ago through the generosity of Sir Hugh Owen and George Powell. Our 17 letters, written to a variety of correspondents in the 1830’s and 1840’s, were recently restored thanks to a generous grant from the National Manuscripts Conservation Trust and the Welsh Government and are now accessible to future generations for study and research at the Hugh Owen Library.
29/07/2014Times Digital Archive content is now available from 1785 until 2008. Go explore via the following link: http://find.galegroup.com/ttda/start.do?prodId=TTDA&userGroupName=uniaber