Welcome to Information Services (IS) - Staff
Information Services provide IT and library services to staff and students at Aberystwyth University, subject to Information Services Regulations and Guidelines.
To make use of our facilities you will need an Aberystwyth University IT account and an Aber Card.
Your IT account gives you access to:
- University email and file storage
- Aber People - your personnel record
- connect your own devices to the University wireless network
- computing facilities on campus
- electronic information sources e.g. ebooks, ejournals
- Aberlearn Blackboard, the University virtual learning environment
- your library account to manage your loans
- software free to you under the University license
- publish webpages on the University's server
You will be able activate your University IT account online shortly before your start date and you will be emailed with instructions for doing this as soon as your account is ready.
Your Aber Card is used:
- as your staff id
- for library borrowing, including the use of self-issue machines
- for access to University buildings, including 24-hour computer rooms and the library out of core hours
- for printing, photocopying and scanning
- to purchase food in University hospitality outlets
- as your Sports Centre card
Once you have activated your IT account you should apply for your Aber Card online so that it is ready for you when you arrive on campus.
Information Services, Aberystwyth University, Hugh Owen Library, Penglais, Aberystwyth, SY23 3DZ
Tel: 01970 62 2400 Email: email@example.com