Thomas Parry Library
The Thomas Parry Library is situated on the Llanbadarn Centre, Aberystwyth [location]. It supports the requirements of the Staff and Students of the Institute of Management, Law and Information Science. A range of facilities are provided both to help you with your studies and for quiet relaxation.
Our opening hours are available here
You will need your Aber Card to access the Thomas Parry Library from 07:00-08:30 and 18:00-22:00 during termtimes.
The library houses materials for:
- Information Studies
- Law and Criminology
- Management & Business
All journals are shelved in one alphabetical sequence for all 3 subject disciplines.
All books are shelved on the main library floor in one sequence according to relevant classmark. All books, regardless of loan status or size, are shelved together: i.e: short loan, 3-day loan, standard loan and quarto books are shelved in one sequence to aid discovery.
Additional core journals for all 3 subject disciplines and law reports are shelved in the Thomas Parry library stack. Items held here, indicated by "Thomas Parry Library Stack" on Primo, the library catalogue, can be requested at the Thomas Parry Library Enquiry Desk. These items will be made available to you while you wait.
Other non-core items, indicated via Primo, the library catalogue, as being available in External Store, can be requested via Primo These items will be made available to you within 24 hours Monday-Friday during termtimes.
Information on borrowing from the library's collections can be found on this page
Distance Learning students studying with the Department of Information Studies should email email@example.com with any requests for postal loans.
Special Collections, for reference only, include:
- European Documentation Centre
- The Appleton Collection
- The Horton Collection
- Oliver Simon Collection
- Private Press Collection
- Children's Collection
The Thomas Parry Library offers 62 PC spaces and 253 study spaces, of which
- 69 study spaces are in quiet group study areas
- 185 study spaces are in silent study area and
- 3 study spaces are in individual carrels.
In additional there is additional flexible seating possible in the TPL Training Room on the main floor.
- Book return slot (for out of hours returns)
- Coloured overlays
- Change machine
- Computers (AU only)
- Desk lamps for use in the library can be requested from the Enquiry Desk
- Distance learner lending service
- Drinking water fountain (lower floor in Group Study Room 4)
- DVD/Video viewing facilities
- Enquiry desks for library and IT help
- Equipment Loan Service
- Heaters for use in the library can be requested from the Enquiry Desk
- Help and support
- Group study rooms (bookable)
- Individual study carrels (bookable)
- Information desk for specialised subject support
- Intersite loan service
- Lost property
- Microfilm/fiche viewing and printing
- Newspapers - national and regional
- OPACs - Library catalogue
- Portable Induction Loop
- Printing / photocopying / scanning
- Printing/Copying Credit
- Sales of consumables
- Self issue and return machines
- Self service comb binding
- Self service Fines payment
- Silent study areas
- Training Room
- Vending and hot drinks machines (2 available on lower floor in Group Study Room 4)
- There are disabled parking bays adjacent to the main entrance of the Thomas Parry which is accessible to wheelchair users via various flat areas or ramps.
- There is an accessible entrance/exit to the library on the lower floor for wheelchair users or users with mobility issues. Please contact Student Support Services to arrange access via your Aber Card as required.
- Disabled toilet facilities are located within the main library.
- An induction loop is available at the Enquiry Desk.
- Coloured overlays and magnifiers are available to borrow from the enquiry desk.
- We can arrange to fetch and delivery reading or other materials within the Library, ready for collection or personal study.
- There is a dedicated adjustable computer desk in the Computer Room and Carrel #4 on the lower floor.
- Please contact Student Support Services and Health, Safety and Environment Office to arrange a Personal Emergency Evacuation Plan (PEEP) for the Library if relevant.
If you would like a guided tour of the facilities, or to discuss any specific requirements you have, please contact us.
Thomas Parry Library, Information Services, Aberystwyth University, Llanbadarn Centre, Aberystwyth, SY23 3AS
Tel: (01970) 62 2411 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org