Clean and Quiet - studying in the Library
Help make the Library a good place to work in by keeping it clean and quiet.
- Tidy up after yourself - use the recycling bins and avoid leaving litter on the tables or stairs.
- If you want to talk or use your phone, please go to a group study area - let your fellow students study in peace.
- Don't leave trailing cables in case others trip over them.
- Space is at a premium - please don't 'reserve' tables, study rooms or PCs by leaving your belongings there.
- Please make yourself aware of the Information Services Food and Drink Policy
Too noisy to study in the Hugh Owen or Thomas Parry Libraries?
If someone is disturbing your study by making a noise, or chatting with their neighbour let us know by coming to an Enquiry Desk or text us and a member of staff will patrol the area as soon as they can. Please let us know via the Noise Alert Service for your libary (see below). The service is available during term times between 9am-10pm. We will not text back unless we need to clarify your location. We do not retain texters' contact details / phone numbers.
Hugh Owen Library text 07966624251*
Thomas Parry Library text 07971548016*
Level F (top floor), the main area on Level E (middle floor) and the silent study area in the Iris De Freitas Room (north end), Hugh Owen Library are designated silent study areas. You can text 07966624251* with the following details:
If you want to work quietly in a group you can book one of the Group Study Rooms or go the Quiet Group Study Area, Iris De Freitas Room, Level E, Hugh Owen Library or book one of the .
|The main floor (open area) in the Thomas Parry Library is a silent study area. . You can text 07971548016*with the following details :
- Study carrels are available to postgraduates in the Hugh Owen Library.
- Please be aware that noise (including phone calls) made on the stairwells can disrupt students working quietly. Phone calls can be taken on Level D (ground floor) Hugh Owen Library or on the lower floor of the Thomas Parry Library.
- Our aim is to work with our readers to provide a comfortable and quiet environment to study in. If you are unwilling to comply with these guidelines you will be asked to move to another floor in the library where some noise is acceptable and if the problem persists you may be asked to leave the library.
- Please note - The Noise Alert Service is only available during the academic term.
- * You will be charged at your provider’s rate for sending the text.
Hugh Owen Library: Level F (top floor); tables next to windows and south side of main area Level E (middle floor) including EL6 Computer Room and the back of the Iris De Freitas Room on level E are silent study areas.
Thomas Parry Library: main floor (open area) is a silent study area.
Physical Sciences Library is a silent study area except where indicated.
Hugh Owen Library: Level E Iris De Freitas Room south side, area outside lift and stairwell main area Level E and Level D (ground floor) are quiet group study areas.
Thomas Parry Library: group study rooms on both floors and the computer room on the lower floor are quiet group study areas.
Physical Sciences Library: a quiet group study area is set up at the far end of the ground floor of the library where indicated by screens.
Information Services, Aberystwyth University, Hugh Owen Library, Penglais, Aberystwyth, SY23 3DZ
Tel: 01970 62 2400 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org