Choose Aberystwyth University and you’ll be choosing a place of learning in a location like no other. On the west coast of Wales between Cardigan Bay and the Cambrian Mountains, you’ll be part of a friendly, outward-looking community where the far horizon inspires ambition and aspiration. A place where students have been coming since 1872, drawn by our reputation for teaching excellence and an exceptional student experience.
At a glance - a few more reasons for choosing to study at Aberystwyth…
- UK University of the Year for Teaching Quality (Good University Guide, The Times & Sunday Times 2018);
- Gold Award in 2018 Teaching Excellence and Student Outcomes Framework- TEF 2018
- Aberystwyth University is the highest climber in the 2019 edition of The Guardian University Guide
- 91% and Best in Wales for overall student satisfaction, (NSS 2017);
- Top 5 University of the Year in the WhatUni Student Choice Awards 2018;
- Gold Award for the Postgraduate category in the What Uni Student Choice Awards 2018;
- Silver Award for the International category in the What Uni Student Choice Awards 2018;
- 97% of graduates are in employment or further education 6 months after graduating, (HESA 2018);
- 95% of the University’s research is of an internationally recognised standard (REF 2014).