Mr Gwenallt Ifan
Gwenallt Llwyd Ifan has extensive experience in secondary and primary education. He graduated in Macromolecular Biology, a branch of biochemistry, before gaining a Postgraduate Certificate in Education qualification as a teacher of Biology, Chemistry and Science through the medium of Welsh at Aberystwyth University. He was a science teacher and Head of Biology at Maesgarmon School, Mold, and Head of Biology with faculty responsibilities at Ysgol David Hughes, Menai Bridge.
He was appointed Deputy Head of Ysgol Bro Ddyfi, Machynlleth in 2000. He gained a National Professional Qualification for Headship qualification in 2003 which included a research project on the development of assessment and mentoring of secondary aged pupils. In 2003, he was appointed Headteacher of Tregaron High School and while there worked on a project on the establishment of an area school and became Head of a federation of two primary schools and the secondary school in the area. In 2009, he became Headteacher of Penweddig Community Comprehensive School and remained there until his retirement from the post in 2018.
He is a chaired poet and has won two national chairs and his work has been published in numerous volumes of poetry. He published a collection of his work entitled DNA in 2021.
His interest in education continues in his capacity as Biology and Chemistry Tutor on the PGCE course at Aberystwyth University and he is conducting research towards a DProf qualification into the use of poetry to engage people in science through education and beyond .
- ED31500 - Pedagogy and Curriculum Knowledge
- ED31630 - Effective Pedagogy
- EDM1330 - Professional Studies
- EDM1430 - Evaluating Learning and Skills
- ED31530 - Pedagogy and Curriculum Knowledge
- ED31600 - Effective Pedagogy
- EDM1300 - Professional Studies
- ED13720 - Play and Learning:Theory and Practice
- AD30120 - Gwerthuso ac Adlewyrchu ar Sgiliau Dysgu yn Gritigol
- EDM1400 - Evaluating Learning and Skills
- ED30120 - Critically Reflecting and Evaluating Learning and Skills
- AD20620 - Gweithio Gyda Phlant
- ED20620 - Working with Children