Borrowing from the Library
How many items can I borrow?
|Borrower category||Number of items|
Postgraduates (Taught and Research)
Learn Welsh Students
Lifelong Learning Students
Summer University Students
How long can I borrow items for?
|Item||Length of Loan||Automatic Renewal||Requests|
|PGCE Collection books
(These books have a green strip on the spine)
|Equipment loans||1 week||Yes - maximum loan period 4 weeks||Yes|
|Journals (Periodicals) held in the Library||Overnight loan available by placing request on Primo||No||Yes|
|Journals (Periodicals) held in the external store||1 week||Yes||Yes|
|Theses||Not for loan||No||No|
|Reference Material||24 hour loan for staff only||No||No|
Please Note: When an item is already requested by another user at the point of issue, a reduced loan period of 2 days will be applied. This is to facilitate access to the material and ensure fairness. Users will be notified of the due date and will receive reminders to return.
*Remote Learners/Distance Learning students can borrow books for 4 weeks. These will be renewed for another 4 weeks unless they have been requested by another user or they have reached their maximum 6 month loan period
**PGCE students on placement can borrow books from the PGCE collection for the whole period of their placement. When not on placement, PGCE students can borrow books from the PGCE collection for 2 weeks.
How do I borrow items?
- You can borrow items from the Library using the self-service machines or by taking your items to the Enquiry Desk. You find instructions for using the machines here: https://faqs.aber.ac.uk/1180
- You can also borrow items using our Click and Collect Service.
- You need your Aber Card to borrow items.
- Collect any equipment loans from the Enquiry Desk on Level D of the Hugh Owen Library.
Can I renew my loans?
We will automatically renew your books/DVDs for you until:
- they are requested by another user
- they have reached the maximum 12 months borrowing period (4 weeks for equipment loans)
- your library account expires.
You will be emailed to let you know when your items need to be returned so check your email account regularly. You will also receive a monthly email detailing the items you have on loan.
What happens if an item I have on loan is requested by another user?
- If another user requests an item you have on loan you will be emailed to let you know
- The item will not be renewed and you will have to return it by the date/time due, even if you are away from campus.
- You can check the date/time in Primo. Instructions for doing this are available in our FAQs here
What happens if I do not return my loans when they are due?
How do I return my loans?
You can return books and DVDs using the Book returns machine on Level D of the Hugh Owen Library (by the stairs)
For instructions and other ways to return your loans, please see our FAQ on how to return your library loans
What do I do if a book I need is already out on loan?
- If an item you need is out on loan, you can request it so when it is returned it is reserved for you.
- We will email you to let you know the item is waiting for you.
- Items that have been requested will not be renewed for the current borrower and will have to be returned by the date/time due.
- You can check the status of your requests following these instructions
What do I do if I have lost an item I have borrowed?
- If you lose an item that you have out on loan, please contact us as soon as possible.
- You will be invoiced the cost of replacing the item.
- Once an invoice has been issued you will not be able to borrow any more items until it has been paid.
- Should the item subsequently be found and returned to the library, the replacement cost will be refunded.