Click and collect from Aberystwyth University Libraries
The Click and Collect and Postal Loan Services are operating in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. This service operates Monday - Friday: 08.30 - 17.30
Click and collect
- Users can request items from the University Libraries through Primo – the library catalogue.
- You can request items from the Hugh Owen Library, Physical Sciences Library, Gogerddan Campus Reading Room and the External stores.
- Click and collect is only available for items that are not available online
- Requested items will be picked from the shelves by library staff and placed on Level D of the Hugh Owen Library for you to collect.
- You will be emailed when your item is ready with information on how to book a timed slot for you to collect your requested items.
- Books will be held for you, awaiting collection for 5 days.
- Staff and students can have up to 10 items on request at any time. Other Reader categories can have up to 5 requests at any time.
- You can return your library loans when you collect your requested items.
- You will need to bring your Aber Card with you to enter the building and to use the self-issue machines.
Further information on using this service can be found in our Click and Collect FAQS
- Users should only visit the library during their booked time slot
- All users should sanitise their hands before entering the library. There will be a hand sanitising station at the library entrance.
- All users should observe the 2-metre social distancing rule
- Only the user collecting the requested items should come into the library.
- All users must use their Aber Card to swipe to enter and exit the library.
- All users must follow the one way system.
- Face coverings must be worn in all University buildings.
- The numbers of users in the library at any one time will be strictly limited.
- Staff working in the library will be following recommended hygiene practises.
- Do not come to the library if you are unwell. The main symptoms of COVID-19 are:
- new continuous cough;
- high temperature;
- loss of or change to your normal sense of smell or taste (anosmia).