Click and collect from Aberystwyth University Libraries
The Click and Collect and Postal Loan Services are operating in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Click and collect
- Users can request items from the University Libraries through Primo – the library catalogue.
- You can request items from the Hugh Owen Library, Physical Sciences Library, Gogerddan Campus Reading Room and the External stores.
- Click and collect is only available for items that are not available online
- Requested items will be picked from the shelves by library staff and placed on Level D of the Hugh Owen Library for you to collect.
- You will be emailed when your item is ready.
- Books will be held for you, awaiting collection for 5 days.
- Staff and students can have up to 10 items on request at any time. Other Reader categories can have up to 5 requests at any time.
- You will need to bring your Aber Card with you to enter the building and to use the self-issue machines.
Further information on using this service can be found in our Click and Collect FAQS
To protect yourself and others we ask that:
- You sanitise your hands on entering, and regularly while using, the library.
- You wipe work surfaces, keyboards, mice, printers etc before and after use.
- You only sit at designated workspaces
- You observe the 2 metre social distancing rule or work in groups of 6 or less (group study rooms only)
- You use your own Aber Card to swipe to enter and exit the library.
- You wear a face coverings at all times, unless exempt.
- You do not come to the library if you are unwell. The main symptoms of COVID-19 are:
- new continuous cough;
- high temperature;
- loss of or change to your normal sense of smell or taste (anosmia).
We will ensure
- The numbers of users in the library at any one time are strictly limited.
- Staff working in the library are following recommended hygiene practises.
- Regular cleaning is carried out.
- There are hand sanitising stations at the entrance and throughout the building.