Click and collect from Aberystwyth University Libraries
The Click and Collect Service operates:
Monday - Friday: 08.30 - 20.30
Saturday - Sunday: 8.30 - 17.30
Click and collect
- Users can request items from the University Libraries through Primo – the library catalogue.
- You can request items from the Hugh Owen Library, Physical Sciences Library, Gogerddan Campus Reading Room and the External stores.
- Click and collect is only available for items that are not available online
- Requested items will be picked from the shelves by library staff and placed on Level D of the Hugh Owen Library for you to collect.
- You will be emailed when your item is ready with information on how to book a timed slot for you to collect your requested items.
- Books will be held for you, awaiting collection for 5 days.
- Staff and students can have up to 10 items on request at any time. Other Reader categories can have up to 5 requests at any time.
- You can return your library loans when you collect your requested items.
- You will need to bring your Aber Card with you to enter the building and to use the self-issue machines.
Further information on using this service can be found in our Click and Collect FAQS
Services that are available
- Click and collect - by pre-booked timeslot only
- Collection of equipment loans - by pre-booked timeslot only
- Return of library loans – books and equipment - anytime during advertised opening hours
- Printing, photocopying and scanning - anytime during advertised opening hours
- Collection of Aber Cards - anytime during advertised opening hours
- Collection of face mask exemption lanyards - anytime during advertised opening hours
- Consultation of items not available for loan - by prior arrangement
- Document supply collection - by pre-booked timeslot only
- DVD viewing facilities - by pre-booked timeslot only
- Face to face enquiry service
- Sale of stationery and IT consumables
Access to study spaces, computing facilities and individual study rooms is provided through booked slots in the Iris de Freitas Room and Hugh Owen Library Level E and F
Services that are not yet available
- Browsing the collections
- Donations to the library unless by prior arrangement
- Rare books or Archive consultation
- Users should only visit the library during their booked time slot
- All users should sanitise their hands before entering the library. There will be a hand sanitising station at the library entrance.
- All users should observe the 2-metre social distancing rule
- Only the user collecting the requested items should come into the library.
- All users must use their Aber Card to swipe to enter the library.
- All users must use their Aber Card to swipe to exit the library.
- All users must follow the one way system
- Face coverings must be worn in all University buildings.
- The numbers of users in the library at any one time will be strictly limited.
- Staff working in the library will be following recommended hygiene practises.
- Do not come to the library if you are unwell. The main symptoms of COVID-19 are:
- new continuous cough;
- high temperature;
- loss of or change to your normal sense of smell or taste (anosmia).