Click and collect from Aberystwyth University Libraries
The Click and Collect Service operates:
Monday - Sunday: 10:00 - 17:00
Click and collect
- Users can request items from the University Libraries through Primo – the library catalogue.
- You can request items from the Hugh Owen Library, Physical Sciences Library, Gogerddan Campus Reading Room and the External stores.
- Click and collect is only available for items that are not available online
- Requested items will be picked from the shelves by library staff and placed on Level D of the Hugh Owen Library for you to collect.
- You will be emailed when your item is ready with information on how to book a timed slot for you to collect your requested items.
- Books will be held for you, awaiting collection for 5 days.
- Staff and students can have up to 10 items on request at any time. Other Reader categories can have up to 5 requests at any time.
- You can return your library loans when you collect your requested items.
- You will need to bring your Aber Card with you to enter the building and to use the self-issue machines.
Further information on using this service can be found in our Click and Collect FAQS
Services that are available
- Click and collect - by pre-booked timeslot only
- Collection of equipment loans - by pre-booked timeslot only
- Return of library loans – books and equipment - anytime during advertised opening hours
- Printing, photocopying and scanning - anytime during advertised opening hours
- Collection of Aber Cards - anytime during advertised opening hours
- Collection of face mask exemption lanyards - anytime during advertised opening hours
- Consultation of items not available for loan - by prior arrangement
- Document supply collection - by pre-booked timeslot only
- DVD viewing facilities - by pre-booked timeslot only
- Face to face enquiry service
- Sale of stationery and IT consumables
Services that are not yet available
- Browsing the collections
- Donations to the library unless by prior arrangement
- Rare books or Archive consultation
- Users should only visit the library during their booked time slot
- All users should sanitise their hands before entering the library. There will be a hand sanitising station at the library entrance.
- All users should observe the 2-metre social distancing rule
- Only the user collecting the requested items should come into the library.
- All users must use their Aber Card to swipe to enter the library.
- All users must use their Aber Card to swipe to exit the library.
- All users must follow the one way system
- Face coverings must be worn in all University buildings.
- The numbers of users in the library at any one time will be strictly limited.
- Staff working in the library will be following recommended hygiene practises.
- Do not come to the library if you are unwell. The main symptoms of COVID-19 are:
- new continuous cough;
- high temperature;
- loss of or change to your normal sense of smell or taste (anosmia).