Document Supply Service
The Document Supply Service allows registered users to request items which are not available in the University Library. To ensure that the item you require is not available locally before submitting a Document Supply request, check:
- Primo - the Library catalogue
- National Library of Wales catalogue
- AU Electronic Information Resources
Follow the links below to access the request forms directly:
- Journal Articles
- Masters Dissertations or Non-UK PhD Theses
- UK PhD Theses - Please check EThOS first.
Document Supply requests will not appear on your Primo user account.
Information Services will cover the costs of the allocation for the different user groups in all academic departments, subject to available funds.
|User Group||Number of requests||Charges|
|Postgraduate Research (PhD, MPhil)||Unlimited||Free|
|Postgraduate Taught (Masters, PGCE)||Up to 10 free requests per academic year *||First 10 free then charges apply|
|Undergraduate||Up to 5 free requests per academic year *||First 5 free then charges apply|
- * If you have exceeded your number of allocated requests and you require further items from the Document Supply Service, continue to submit your requests. A member of staff will notify you if you are liable to pay any charges on additional requests before processing.
- Undergraduates, taught and research postgraduates can place a request for a book not held in our libraries via the More Books Service
|Category of item||New charge from August 2018|
|Photocopy (for retention)||£11.05|
|Secure Electronic Delivery||£6.55 / £11.45 **|
|Patent||As charged by British Library|
Document Supply Returns, Renewals and Enquiries
- Request the renewal of an item borrowed through the Document Supply Service from another institution.
Alternatively, if you wish to renew a book please contact the Document Supply staff in the Hugh Owen library quoting the request number with the author and title of the book, at least 3 days before the due date. We will then apply for permission to renew the item and inform you of the outcome.
For renewals please note, we will inform you of the new due date as soon as the lending library responds to our request. Renewals are made at the discretion of the lending library.
Further information on Document Supply requests
Theses and Supplying UK and Non-UK Libraries
Document Supply, Information Services, Aberystwyth University, Hugh Owen Library, Penglais, Aberystwyth, SY23 3DZ
Tel: 01970 62 2398 Email: Documentemail@example.com