Postal Loan Service
The postal loan service is available to registered undergraduate and postgraduate students who are:
- Distance learners
- Have additional support needs
We will only post out loans to the category of students above not based in Aberystwyth. If you do not fall into the category of user listed above but have a requirement for postal loans please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss requirements.
We will only post out a print copy if there is a no electronic version available in our library. Before requesting a postal loan, please check if we have an electronic version of the book [How do I find an e-book in Primo].
We will not post equipment for loan.
If an item you request is on loan, it will be recalled from the current borrower and when it is returned it will be sent to you.
If we recall an item you have on loan, you must return it to us immediately.
We will pay to post the item(s) to you, and you can use our Freepost return service to return the item to us.
We reserve the right to refuse the loan if, for example
- you have reached your borrowing entitlement
- your account has overdue items
- the item is too fragile or expensive to post
If you use the postal loan service, you are responsible for the books from the point that you receive them until they are checked back into the Library.
All emails from the Library will be sent to your Aberystwyth University email address
Requesting a postal loan
- To request a postal loan please follow the instructions here
- When your request is received, your item will be collected from the shelves, issued to you and posted to the address specified in the request.
- Parcels are sent by second class post or courier (depending on weight/destination - items sent overseas will always be sent by courier)
Where a parcel is sent by courier, Information Services will provide the courier with your AU email address and the phone number you supplied in the request.
- Items sent overseas will include a prepaid returns bag so you can return the item to Aberystwyth University Library by courier free of charge. This prepaid returns bag must be used within 90 days of the items being issued to you. When you receive your items please keep this return bag safe, ready to use.
- You will be emailed when your item is on its way to you
- The loans will autorenew at weekly intervals until they reach their maximum renewal time (12 months) or your library borrowing account ends.
You can either:
- Return the item when you visit Aberystwyth (Information on where to return your loans here)
- Return it using our Freepost returns service, details of which will be emailed to you.
The item remains your responsibility until it has been received by the Library
You will be emailed when the item is discharged from your account