Postal Loan Service
The postal loan service is available:
- for items that are not available online
- for staff, undergraduate and postgraduate students who have not returned to Aberystwyth due to COVID-19. Those in Aberystwyth should continue to use the Click and Collect service
Requesting a postal loan
- To request a postal loan please follow the instructions here
- When your request is received, your item will be collected from the shelves, issued to you and posted to the address specified in the request.
- Parcels are sent by second class post or courier (depending on weight/destination - items sent overseas will always be sent by courier)
Where a parcel is sent by courier, Information Services will provide the courier with your AU email address and the phone number you supplied in the request.
- Items sent overseas will include a prepaid returns bag so you can return the item to Aberystwyth University Library by courier free of charge. This prepaid returns bag must be used within 90 days of the items being issued to you. When you receive your items please keep this return bag safe, ready to use.
- You will be emailed when your item is on its way to you
- The loans will autorenew at weekly intervals until they reach their maximum renewal time (12 months) or your library borrowing account ends.
- The item cannot be requested by another user.
You can either:
- Return the item when you return to Aberystwyth (Information on where to return your loans here)
- Return it using our Freepost returns service, details of which will be emailed to you.
The item remains your responsibility until it has been received by the Library
You will be emailed when the item is discharged from your account