|Delivery Type||Delivery length / details|
|Lecture||1 x 2 hr lecture per week|
|Assessment Type||Assessment length / details||Proportion|
|Semester Assessment||Poster presentation||40%|
|Semester Assessment||Consultancy report||60%|
|Supplementary Exam||Consultancy report (2,000 words)||100%|
On completion of this module, students should be able to...
1. Evaluate and apply knowledge from the sub-disciplines of sport and exercise science to a self-chosen theme.
2. Demonstrate knowledge of a client-centred approach to sport and exercise science support work.
3. Demonstrate knowledge of professional accreditation frameworks, ethics, and codes of practice when working with clients.
4. Produce an applied analysis of a self-chosen setting in the form of a client-centred proposal for consultancy.
1. Develop the application of sport & exercise science to a self-chosen theme
2. Provide knowledge of subsidiary and contextual topics such as politics, sociology etc.
3. Develop independent, self-directed and co-operative approaches to study
studies also provides an opportunity for the structured development of a number of key generic skills and for career planning and enhancement.
Biddle, S., Fox, K. and Boucher, S. (2000) Physical activity and psyhological well-being. Routledge, London Primo search Burwitz, L. (1992) Future directions for performance related research in the sports sciences: an interdisciplinary approach. Sports Council, London Primo search Cashmore, E. (2000) Making sense of sport. Routledge, London Primo search Doust, J. (2000) Vegetarianism and sport: parts I and II. Fitpro Dec/Jan and Feb/March 1999/2000 Primo search Harley, R. and Doust, J. (1995) Strength and fitness training for basketball: a sports science manual. National Coaching Foundation, Leeds Primo search Mottram, D. (1995) Drugs in sport. 2nd ed. Routledge, London Primo search Sjogaard, G. and Bangsbo, J. (2000) Sailing and Science: in an interdisciplinary approach. Institute of Exercise and Sport Science, Copenhagen Primo search Consult For Futher Information
www.acsm.org The American College of Sports Medicine Primo search www.gssiweb.com The Gatorade sports nutrition site Primo search www.olympic .org The IOC Primo search www.sponet.de A coaching science database from the Institute of Applied Training, Leipzig Primo search www.sportssci.org A sports science related website Primo search
This module is at CQFW Level 6