|Delivery Type||Delivery length / details|
|Other||Combined Lecture and Practical. 22 hours|
|Assessment Type||Assessment length / details||Proportion|
|Semester Assessment||Development project produced using Flash, HTML5 or equivalent. (Approximately 50 hours work.)||80%|
|Semester Assessment||Accompanying written report and business case. (Approximately 1000 words.)||20%|
|Supplementary Assessment||Resubmission of failed/non-submitted coursework components or ones of equivalent value.||100%|
On successful completion of this module students should be able to:
1. Demonstrate the skill of using appropriate tools and technologies to create Interactive Web content.
2. Analyse the place of different technologies and tools in creating Interactive Web content.
3. Present a business case for the addition of an Interactive Web aspect to an existing web site.
This module will complement, enforce and extend aspects of Interactive Web application design already studied by students.
Students will start by learning and analysing the composition of an Interactive Web presentation before learning basic design skills and then progressing on to more advanced features as their skills and confidence grow. This will enable them by the end of the module, to be competent in producing and publishing Interactive Web content independently.
In addition, this module considers the place of different technologies in creating Interactive Web content such as the business context.
The tool will be one of Adobe Flash Professional, Swish, Flash Builder, SilverLight platform tools, HTML5 platform tools, or similar.
2. Processes needed to produce Interactive Web Content such as story boarding, timelines, sprites. (2 x 2 hour Lecture and Practical)
4. Fundamentals of Interactive Graphics including objects, vector and bit maps, text, audio, interactivity. (2 x 2 hour Lecture and Practical)
6. The Future. The state of play in the current marketplace as it relates to competing formats and tools. (1 x 2 hour Lecture and Practical)
|Skills Type||Skills details|
|Application of Number|
|Communication||Presentation of project.|
|Improving own Learning and Performance||Lectures will introduce main points but students will have to learn independently also.|
|Information Technology||Central to this module.|
|Personal Development and Career planning||May influence career plans.|
|Problem solving||In identification of presentation area.|
|Research skills||Lectures will introduce main points but students will have to learn independently also.|
|Subject Specific Skills|
This module is at CQFW Level 5