|Assessment Type||Assessment length / details||Proportion|
|Semester Assessment||report or esay approx 2,500 words Either a memorandum report or an essay||100%|
After studying the module you should be able to:
- explain why consulting has become a significant activity in the LIS field;
- describe the origins and development of the consulting profession;
- identify the key skills a consultant can bring to an organisation and its management, and the circumstances in which the role is a particularly useful one;
- outline how the process works;
- consider whether you might have a future as a consultant.
This module aims to provide a relevant and useful introduction to the practice of consulting in the information and library field and to some of the issues surrounding it.
This module is at CQFW Level 7