|Delivery Type||Delivery length / details|
|Lecture||15 Hours. 15 x 1 hour lectures|
|Assessment Type||Assessment length / details||Proportion|
|Semester Assessment||One 3,000 word essay to be word processed and submitted by 8 November 2002. 3000 word essay||50%|
|Semester Exam||2 Hours||50%|
At the end of the module students should be able to;
- provide an overview of the types of recorded information that are currently available;
- investigate how different information formats operate;
- consider the role of some of the main producers of information:
- identify the social and political context within which information and library services operate;
- be aware of the range and diversity of information services that exist.
The evolution of different types of recorded information and the role of its producers and distributors. Libraries and information units are analysed in terms of types, historical development, government, finance and political context.
- independent project work,
- IT and information handling,
- writing in an academic context
- self managment.
This module is at CQFW Level 4