|Delivery Type||Delivery length / details|
|Seminars / Tutorials||2 Hours.|
|Assessment Type||Assessment length / details||Proportion|
|Semester Assessment||c. 1500 words Essay:||25%|
|Semester Exam||2 Hours||75%|
|Supplementary Assessment||written exam||100%|
On successfully completing this module:
1. You will be able to identify the major prose authors and poets of the period.
2. You will be able to discuss the social and political context of the literature of this period, and most particularly its relation to the issue of language revival, colonialism, and post-colonialism.
3. You will have an understanding of the literary context of this literature and be able to discuss how it was influenced by native (Gaelic) and foreign (English and European) models.
4. You will be able to discuss the importance of the regional literature of the Irish-speaking districts.
5. You will be able to identify the major poets of the period and to discuss their themes and influences.
An introduction to representative and varied sample of the work of the finest modern Irish prose writers and poets, in their cultural setting.
This module is at CQFW Level 4