|Assessment Type||Assessment length / details||Proportion|
|Semester Assessment||Dissertation (maximum length 20,000) to be assessed in accordance with University guidelines Dissertation:||100%|
On completion of this module students will be able to:
- design a suitable research proposal
- carry out their research proposal competently and efficiently
- undertake an in-depth literature review
- present results obtained and evaluate them using an appropriate statistical analysis
- discuss in-depth their chosen subject area
- work to a planned timetable
- produce a learned paper or report
The opportunity for an in-depth investigation of an appropriate topic. It is intended that the skills and discipline to write a scholarly paper on a specified subject will be developed to an advanced level. The module will provide the opportunity to specialise in a particular aspect of the discipline.
The dissertation will either be literature search based or experimental in nature, investigating a subject of the student's choice and subject to a supervisor's approval. The normal guidelines/regulations on MSc Dissertation as outlined in the University Calendar will stand.
Turabin, K L A Manual for Writer of Research Papers, Theses and Dissertations J L Spink, Heinman, London Primo search
This module is at CQFW Level 7