|Delivery Type||Delivery length / details|
|Assessment Type||Assessment length / details||Proportion|
|Semester Assessment||Dissertation: Marks awarded for initial design, content (double weighted) & presentation||100%|
|Supplementary Assessment||Resubmission of dissertation||100%|
On succesful completion of this module students will be able to:-
- demonstrate in depth knowledge of their chosen subject area
- demonstrate critical thought
- demonstrate the ability to conduct independent research
- demonstrate the ability to synthesise conflicting/ complimentary arguments
- present, where appropriate, data in numerate form
To develop skills in basic research and written presentation of results. Emphasis is placed on initial design of investigations, quantitative and inferential analysis and all aspects of presentation, including argument and graphical support.
An independent piece of research involving the collection and analysis of primary data. Normally based on fieldwork undertaken during the summer vacation and Semester 1 of the third year.
This module is at CQFW Level 6