|Delivery Type||Delivery length / details|
|Other||Private study on DL units; Preparation and submission of written assignment; Additional research and private study|
|Assessment Type||Assessment length / details||Proportion|
|Semester Assessment||Module Assessment Written Assignment of 5,000 words||100%|
On successful completion of this module students should be able to:
1. Display knowledge of the international regime for the management of nuclear power generation and its application in the UK and critically assess its relevance for environmental protection.
2. Display knowledge of the international regulatory regime for radiological protection and evaluate its effectiveness for achieving environmental protection.
3. Critically evaluate the environmental impacts of each stage of the nuclear fuel cycle and assess the effectiveness of existing laws and regulations for addressing any negative impacts.
4. Display knowledge of the technical and ethical issues related to long term management of radioactive waste and evaluate socio-legal approaches applied by a range of nuclear states.
5. Critically assess the effect of the international regime on non-proliferation of nuclear weapons on the development of nuclear power in a range of nuclear and non-nuclear states.
2. Radiological Protection
3. The Nuclear Fuel Cycle
4. Radioactive Waste Management
5. Non-proliferation issues
This module is at CQFW Level 7