|Delivery Type||Delivery length / details|
|Practical||Project work during normal working hours; regular meetings with supervisor.|
|Assessment Type||Assessment length / details||Proportion|
|Semester Assessment||Exercise on project preparation & review (Gregynog)||15%|
|Semester Assessment||Oral Presentation||15%|
|Semester Assessment||Formal Report including the literature review||60%|
|Supplementary Assessment||Re-submission of failed components|
On successful completion of this module students should be able to:
1. Show detailed understanding of the physics of their topic of study.
2. Review the recent developments in the research field of interest as documented in the refereed literature.
3. Plan and implement a major research project.
4. Interpret and discuss their results in terms of the current knowledge of the topic.
5. Present their work orally and in a formal written account.
6. Prepare, present and review research proposals.
Further details are provided in the Extended Project handbook.
Residential course at Gregynog
The research topic will be different for each project.
This module is at CQFW Level 7