|Assessment Type||Assessment length / details||Proportion|
|Semester Assessment||Essay 2,500-3,000 words||100%|
At the end of this module you should be able to:
- distinguish between the various activities and processes that comprise collection management;
- understand the nature and value of a written collection development policy and associated policies and procedures;
- list and describe the major bibliographical sources and services which support collection management;
- understand the major issues surrounding the selection and acquisition of serials and electronic materials;
- appreciate the contribution of collection evaluation and review and to describe the methodologies used in these activities;
- comprehend the issues associated with collection promotion and to describe the methodologies employed;
- apply your learning to evaluate collection management within your institution.
Today, we are concerned to develop and promote not only the resources held within a specific library but to promote access to material held in other collections and to resources that exist only in electronic form. Particular consideration is, therefore, given to the issues associated with the management of the electronic library, ie providing access to virtual resources and collections.
This module is at CQFW Level 7