|Delivery Type||Delivery length / details|
|Other||Contact hours: 6 hours of one-to-one or small group contact over the course of the year|
|Assessment Type||Assessment length / details||Proportion|
|Semester Assessment||Dissertation (6,500 words)||100%|
|Supplementary Assessment||Assessment is by resubmission of the dissertation. This does not entail any additional supervision.||100%|
Upon successful completion of this module, students should be able to show:
- a developed capacity for independent academic study at an appropriate level
- a reliable grasp of information retrieval in both print and electronic media, together with the capacity to evaluate the reliability of that information
- the ability to construct and support with pertinent evidence an argument which is at once aware of exisiting discussions, and which shows the potential to extend these discusssions
- the ability to produce finished work on time and to an acceptable standard of presentation (self-management)
- the ability genuinely to take responsibility for their own work.
You should discuss and agree your chosen subject with your tutor not later than the end of November. Discussion should include mutually acceptable arrangements for supervision time and completion of the Departmental agreement. Copies of these are available from the Departmental Secretary.
This module is at CQFW Level 6