- Ms Jacqueline P Urwin (College Librarian - Durham University)
|Assessment Type||Assessment length / details||Proportion|
|Semester Assessment||Instead of writing the dissertation a practical project can be undertaken as follows: (eg development of a piece of software) comprising a written report of c.5,000 words and Practical Element Project Work:|
|Semester Assessment||Dissertation of 7500 - 10000 words||100%|
At the end of this module students should be able to:
- select a suitable topic in LIS for research;
- carry out a literature search and review of that topic;
- devise appropriate research methodologies for that topic;
- produce a dissertation of between 7,500 and 10,000 words, written and presented in an appropriate manner.
The module is spread over the two semesters. Assessment takes place in the second semester.
- Independent Project work
- IT and other information handling
- Witing in an academic context
- Self management
This module is at CQFW Level 6