- Professor Kevin Mills (Professor - University of South Wales)
- Dr Paul McDonald (Senior Lecturer - University of Wolverhampton)
|Assessment Type||Assessment length / details||Proportion|
|Supplementary Assessment||Dissertation Resubmit any failed elements and/or make good any missing elements. Where this involves re-submission of work, a new topic must be selected. 1 x 15,000 word dissertation||100%|
On completion of this module, students should be able to:
1. produce a sustained and structured analytical and critical writing;
2. employ technical terminology and conceptual thought in an extended critical structure;
3. demonstrate mastery of advanced technical, critical and research skills in the argument and the presentation.
In order to accomplish this task, students will be assigned a supervisor whose interests will be matched as closely as possible to those of the candidate. To facilitate this arrangement, all students will complete a Dissertation Proposal form and hand it in to the English Department Office before the Christmas vacation (in the first year of study for full-time candidates and in the second year of study for part-time candidates). This Dissertation Proposal will form the basis of matching you with a suitable supervisor, and it will act as the groundwork for the first consultations with your assigned supervisor. All MA students will be informed as to their supervisor soon after the Christmas vacation, in order to allow ample time for research.
All MA Dissertations will be handed in on a deadline date towards the end of September, which will be publicised to students at the beginning of the academic year. The Dissertation should be 15,000 words in length.
This module is at CQFW Level 7