|Delivery length / details
|11 x 1 Hour Lectures
|8 x 1 Hour Lectures
|5 x 6 Hour Practicals
|11 x 1 Hour Practicals
|Assessment length / details
|Continuous assessment of practical tasks.
|Students must take elements of assessment equivalent to those that led to failure of the module.
On successful completion of this module students should be able to:
1. Identify finance, health and safety, insurance and legal requirements
2. Construct a marketing plan for an equine event
3. Plan and carry out an equine event.
This module is designed to give students an insight into the organization and management of an equestrian event. It will give students the opportunity to organize and equine event or competition and will include topics such as selecting a venue, marketing and identifying both physical and human resources.
It will achieve this by considering the following areas
- Planning, marketing and running an event, to include health and safety requirements and risk assessment.
- The importance of marketing and preparation of a draft plan.
- Examination of basic financial documents, including recording keeping.
- Public relations and how to promote the event and seek sponsorship
|Application of Number
|Students will need to keep physical records of ticket sales, disbursements and receipts
|Students will be expected to communicate in a variety of ways with sponsors, competitors, judges, press and the public
|Improving own Learning and Performance
|Detailed feedback will be given on the course work which will allow students to improve their subsequent work in other modules
|Preparing schedules, writing up results.
|Personal Development and Career planning
|Organizing any equine event is a key component for working within the industry
|The case study will require the identification of problems that may be encountered within event management along with potential solutions. Hence problem solving skills will be both developed and assessed
|Subject Specific Skills
|A knowledge and understanding of management and associated organization skills
|Students will be in small groups to run events and must learn to work as a team and support each other
This module is at CQFW Level 5