|Delivery length / details
|2 x 2 Hour Lectures
|Assessment length / details
|10,000 word dissertation
On completion of this module, students should be able to:
1. Review literature on a specific topic to identify the principle comtemporary issues placed within the content of the prevailing theories and concepts of the (sub) discipline.
2. Formulate a research question based on the above.
3. Identify an appropriate experimental design and be able to reationalize that choice.
4. Develop the relevant skills needed for data collection.
5. Demonstrate an appreciation of legislation and professional practice through the production of a statement on ethics for the proposed study.
6. Oranganise and complete the collection of data in a valid and reliable manner.
7. Analyse and iterpret data using a sophisticated approach relevant to the research methodology.
8. Discuss data in the context of the reseach question and the extant literature.
9. Produce a written report.
In this module students will complete a research project. In consultation with a tutor, students undertake a project on a topic of their choice. The project must involve a review of literature, the framing of research question (s), the collection of data in a laboratory or field setting, and a discussion of the results leading to a written dissertation of 10,000 words. The work is mainly completed independently and each student will be allocated a supervising tutor with whom they will meet regulary.
2. Develop an experimental design and refine appropriate skills for data collection.
3. Produce a statement on ethics for the proposed experimentation based on current legislation and professional practice.
4. Organise and complete data collection.
5. Analyse and interpret data.
6. Produce a written report.
This module is at CQFW Level 6