|Assessment length / details
|Module Assessment Writte Assignment of 5,000 words
After studying this module you should be able to:
- define environmental auditing;
- demonstrate the need for environmental auditing;
- outline the benefits and costs of environmental audit programmes;
- describe the components of the physical environment;
- identify areas of human impact upon the physical environment.
- To understand the need for environmental auditing in terms of reducing the overall environmental impact of human activities.
The main aims of this introductory module are to define environmental auditing and to consider the development of environmental auditing. It will also set the context within which environmental auditing can reduce the environmental impact of human activity, and can be used as a tool to help achieve sustainable development. The module provides an introduction to some aspects of the "environment" that are likely to be affected by the impact of industrial activity. By introducing the subjects of air pollution, water pollution and the contamination of land the module will, again, place the need for environmental auditing in context.
This module is at CQFW Level 7