Due to Covid-19 students should refer to the module Blackboard pages for assessment details
|Assessment length / details
On successful completion of this module students should be able to:
* Demonstrate an understanding of key features of the organisation's external environment;
* Demonstrate an understanding of the internal environment of the organisation;
* Explain and evaluate the interaction of internal and external environments;
* Identify and discuss policies appropriate to shaping the internal environment of a business organization in line with the exogenous elements of the business environment;
* Identify and discuss appropriate policies for meeting stakeholders interests within a changing environment;
* Analyse and evaluate business environment using techniques such as PESTEL.
The purpose of this module is to equip students to understand the inter-relatedness of business and the environment. Students should be able to demonstrate an understanding of how exogenous and endogenous forces largely shape and reshape business organisations.
This module is designed to provide students with a broad introduction to the dynamics of the modern business environment and the main forces largely responsible for shaping and reshaping the business environment. The module will examine both internal and external forces, including but not limited to economic, political, legal and social aspects, and the inter-relationship between these and the organization. In doing so, students will be introduced to a wide range of core themes and contemporary issues concerning the business environment.
- Business and its Environments
- The Economic Environment
- The Technological Environment
- The Political Environment
- The Socio-cultural Environment
- The Legal and Ethical Environment
- The Global Dynamics of Business Environment
- The Business Environment Analysis
|Application of Number
|Communicate effectively using a variety of media and reporting formats used in business.
|Improving own Learning and Performance
|Demonstrate awareness of self learning styles, personal preferences and needs, and barriers to learning; also demonstrate self-management with respect to time management and motivation.
|Effective utilization of ICTs, especially in preparing visual material for seminar presentations.
|Personal Development and Career planning
|Develop self reflection and criticality including self awareness, openness and sensitivity to diversity in terms of people, cultures, business and management issues.
|Identifying and suggesting solutions to problems associated with business environment.
|Ability to conduct research into business environment issues in support of essay preparation.
|Subject Specific Skills
|Students should develop their knowledge and understanding of the dynamics of business environment, and of how external and internal elements largely shape and reshape business organisations.
|Students will work in groups in seminars.
This module is at CQFW Level 4