Due to Covid-19 students should refer to the module Blackboard pages for assessment details
|Assessment length / details
|Written essay and individual presentation
|Written essay and individual presentation (Repeat failed element)
|Written work (Repeat failed element)
On successful completion of this module students should be able to:
* Discuss how the online environment impacts marketing objectives.
* Outline the process and options to develop multi‐faceted online presences.
* Investigate the variation in strategy and tactics for multi‐channel digital marketing.
* Explain how online entities drive traffic.
* Describe the options available for online advertising, including new initiatives such as “retargeting”.
* Explore and evaluate how Permission forms the foundation for digital marketing.
* Describe how Social Media is used to engender engagement and the fostering of communities.
* Investigate new channels, media and tools in digital marketing.
* Critically investigate how the management of digital marketing dovetails with the marketing process.
To provide students with sufficient grounding in this essential element of marketing. Investigating the strategy, tactics and specific actions available to organisations to leverage digital marketing to deliver strategic objectives.
This module addresses the context and application of Digital Marketing providing students with a macro-, and micro-environmental understanding of key facets that drive the growth and development of the principal channels of sell side and buy side digital marketing. It aims to provide students with the facilitating knowledge to effectively examine, evaluate, create and deliver digital marketing initiatives.
Online Advertising: Current and Future Developments
Permission, Content, and User Generated Content and it’s strategic implementation
Engagement Mechanisms: Social Media
Emerging Digital Channels I
Emerging Digital Channels II
|Application of Number
|Opportunities will be present in both coursework and case study preparation for class tasks.
|Oral communication will be developed through class participation and group work. Written communication will be developed through case preparation, assessment preparation, note taking and information based dialogue.
|Improving own Learning and Performance
|Through both class and self-‐directed learning.
|Office will be used, including Word Processing, Number manipulation and Presentations. Numerous industry standard digital marketing packages will be introduced, practiced and mastered.
|Personal Development and Career planning
|Central to the aim of the module, that the student understands the context and content of this module and its application in industry.
|Identification of business issues related to digital marketing strategy implementation. Identification of the relevant information for decisions and formulation of decisions and the choice of appropriate channels.
|Qualitative methods, survey methods and basic preparation and analysis of various digital marketing activities including micro and macro environmental research, and the development of measurement processes.
|Subject Specific Skills
|Web Analytics, Usability, Ux, various channel specific skills, e.g. Media Buying.
|Through class preparation, the use of breakout group work, case preparation and through the group assessment.
This module is at CQFW Level 6