Due to Covid-19 students should refer to the module Blackboard pages for assessment details
|Assessment length / details
|Literature Review (500 words)
|Literature Search and Project Plan (500 words)
|As determined by the Departmental Examining Board.
On successful completion of this module students should be able to:
1. Investigate a specific physics-related scientific problem.
2. Identify, evaluate and summarise the scientific literature of a chosen field.
3. Construct and implement a project plan identifying the required resources.
4. Summarise their findings in a comprehensive report.
5. Present and defend the work orally.
Students typically work in pairs or alone. In any case, each student will deliver their own presentation and report. Different projects require different amounts of laboratory work, computing, analysis, etc., but as a guideline the total time spent on the project should be 200 hours.
Students are expected to plan and manage an independent programme of study, with guidance from their Supervisor, and to write a formal scientific report.
An oral presentation will be given at the end of the module to demonstrate understanding of the basic principles of the project and its wider context.
This module is at CQFW Level 6