Due to Covid-19 students should refer to the module Blackboard pages for assessment details
|Assessment Type||Assessment length / details||Proportion|
|Semester Assessment||Written Report 3000 Words||50%|
|Semester Assessment||Written Essay 3000 Words||50%|
|Supplementary Assessment||Written Essay 3000 Words||50%|
|Supplementary Assessment||Written Report 3000 Words||50%|
On successful completion of this module students should be able to:
1. Critically evaluate the interaction of political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental factors and how they impact on international business.
2. Analyse the process and consequences of globalization and how it may impact on firm strategy.
3. Explain how international and national, and regional economic policy impacts on the international trading environment, and on the strategic and operational decision making of businesses.
4. Demonstrate an awareness of the complexities involved in carrying out operations across different cultures.
5. Critically evaluate the role and impact of international economic institutions, and their influence on business activity.
The module provides an understanding of the forces that shape the international business environment, and how that impacts on the operations and strategic outlook of international companies. The module examines the institutional structure of the international economy, and how trade and financial flows are established and supported by international economic institutions.
• International Economic Institutions, including the World Trade Organization, the International Monetary Fund, the World Bank, and the United Nations.
• PESTLE approach to the international business environment.
• Causes and consequences of the globalization and regionalization of business.
• The national context of business.
• Theories of trade and investment.
• Free trade and protectionism.
• Fair trade and trade justice.
• Cultural, environmental and technological aspects of international business.
• Current issues in international business.
|Skills Type||Skills details|
|Application of Number||Use of and manipulation of quantitative data.|
|Communication||Written via essays. Verbal via participation in seminars.|
|Improving own Learning and Performance||Private study and time keeping.|
|Information Technology||Use of internet and social media etc.|
|Personal Development and Career planning|
|Problem solving||Identify the nature of the problem, and select an appropriate solution .|
|Research skills||Use of internet and web material as well as general use of the library.|
|Subject Specific Skills||By following and participating fully in the module via attendance at lectures and seminars and reading the material set in the syllabus as well as reading around the subject matter.|
|Team work||Seminar collaboration and participation.|
This module is at CQFW Level 7