Due to Covid-19 students should refer to the module Blackboard pages for assessment details
|Assessment Type||Assessment length / details||Proportion|
|Semester Assessment||Report Report on Marketing Planning 1500 Words||100%|
|Supplementary Assessment||Report Report on Marketing Planning 1500 Words||100%|
On successful completion of this module students should be able to:
Articulate and critically evaluate the importance of marketing planning and its application in marketing today.
Analyse different aspects of marketing planning
Demonstrate know ledge of the roles of various frameworks in developing marketing strategies.
The marketing planning process is a systematic approach for developing marketing goals, strategy, and implementation tactics. This module develops an understanding of the manner in which marketing planning takes place through the integration of various frameworks and real-life application
1. Articulate and critically evaluate the importance of marketing planning and its application in marketing today.
2. Analyse different aspects of marketing planning
3. Demonstrate knowledge of the roles of various frameworks in developing marketing strategies.
• Step by Step application Paul Smith’s SOSTAC framework
• Analysis of current environments – internal and external
• Internal analysis will include McKinsey 7’s, BCG, Marketing Mix, Stakeholder Analysis
• External Environment analysis will include SWOT/TOWS, Porters Five Forces, STP, PESTLE
• Use of SMART objectives as part of situation analysis
• Strategic options: Ansoff’s Matrix, Porter’s Generic Strategies
• Key Performance Indicator (KPI)
|Skills Type||Skills details|
|The coursework will need a certain amount of market research which the student will undertake, gaining key research skills|
|Students will gain problem solving skills as part of their coursework assessment and classroom exercises.|
|A deeper understanding and the ability to critically evaluate marketing plans which is a major part of business today.|
|The presentation will give the student verbal as well as presentation communication skills whereas the coursework will give valuable business oriented communication skills|
|Students will be expected to make appropriate use of word processing and presentational software in their coursework. Also they should make use of blackboard and on-line research.|
This module is at CQFW Level 6