Due to Covid-19 students should refer to the module Blackboard pages for assessment details
|Assessment Type||Assessment length / details||Proportion|
|Semester Assessment||10 minute narrated PowerPoint presentation. 10 minute narrated PowerPoint presentation.||30%|
|Semester Assessment||Written report. Written report 3000 Words||70%|
|Supplementary Assessment||10 minute narrated PowerPoint presentation. 10 minute narrated PowerPoint presentation.||30%|
|Supplementary Assessment||Written report. Written report 3000 Words||70%|
On successful completion of this module students should be able to:
* Apply knowledge and develop an understanding of Law in practice;
* Identify tasks and problems relevant to the placement organisation and facilitate appropriate outcomes;
* Evaluate their own performance and increase awareness of their own skill profile;
* Engage proactively with individuals and groups within the organisation;
* Develop the ability to reflect on knowledge and experience gained on placement;
* Present ideas effectively in both written format and oral presentation;
* Communicate and collaborate effectively with peers and with diverse individuals within the practice setting;
* Develop competence in a wide range of transferable skills, including reading, assimilating, investigating, and criticising complex organisational or institutional systems;
- Develop the ability to communicate academic knowledge in a practical setting using modes appropriate to the placement, including oral, written, and electronic communication.
Students are required to critically reflect on their personal and professional development. Places on the module are not guaranteed for any student and may be allocated by selection following interview.
For a placement to be recognised students must successfully complete at least 112 hours. The absolute maximum number of hours students may spend on a placement is 126 hours. Any exceptions to these hours will be subject to approval from the Module Coordinator.
Preparing and writing the 3,000-word placement report will ordinarily involve undertaking research. The placement report will assess the student's understanding of the project in which they have been involved and their ability to reflect on the outcomes of the placement. The report will take the form of an academic essay on the placement, i.e. not only an account of the tasks completed but an intellectually robust critical reflection highlighting the link between the placement and a relevant area(s) of study.
|Skills Type||Skills details|
|Application of Number||N/A|
|Communication||Effective use of different communication methods, including the final report and oral presentation. Also oral communication will be encouraged and developed during interactive seminar discussions and in their interactions with colleagues and/or clients in their work placement.|
|Improving own Learning and Performance||Assessment via the final report and oral presentation will enhance critical self-reflection and self-awareness.|
|Information Technology||Acquired through activities undertaken during the placement.|
|Personal Development and Career planning||Learning throughout the module will equip students with the necessary knowledge, transferable skills, and confidence to succeed in a wide variety of careers. The module is very well placed to enhance student learning in these areas, in fact it is the underlying ethos behind the module.|
|Problem solving||In the course of their placement they will have to solve many practical issues which will develop and enhance students critical and practical problem solving skills.|
|Research skills||Research skills will be developed by accessing literature on the aspects of their placement.|
|Subject Specific Skills||The development of subject specific skills will be an aspect for each and every student but the content and breadth of these skills will vary depending on the placement.|
|Team work||Placement organisations ordinarily rely on team work so the module will necessarily enhance team working skills.|
This module is at CQFW Level 6