|Assessment length / details
|Group Project Group of 4 16000 Words
|Individual Summary Report 2000 Words
|Group Report Group Business Proposal 1500 Words
|Group Presentation 1 x 20min group presentation at the end of the project to company
|Individual Presentation 1
|Individual Report 1 (500 Word Business Proposal)
|Individual Presentations (2 x Presentations)
|Individual Report 2 (4000 Word Report)
On successful completion of this module students should be able to:
1. Critically Review and evaluate the current functions, tools and systems of; operations, supply chain and innovation within your respective company.
2. Critically appraise and discuss the importance and impact of technological change in business operations as applied to the company and outline how these technologies can be used to improve business resilience.
3. Assess the importance of entrepreneurship and new venture creation in the wider economy, especially their role in creating achieving resilience and sustainability in the company.
4. Identify and discuss the main problems associated with establishing and running a new business venture and developing innovative products and services in terms of employee relations, marketing and financial control in the company and balance this with an analysis of the causes and extent of small business failure.
5. Develop a future proof performance plan for the company detailing the issues around intre and entrepreneurial developments outlining any business start-up opportunities and identify any possible government (and other) incentives to assist such ventures.
6. Develop project planning, personal skills including team working and presentation skill.
Delivered in an active learning format, this module provides an introduction to the development and application of operations, supply chain, entrepreneurship and business development systems in companies to effectively lead growth and achieve resilience in businesses. Students will work in small teams (n=4) to complete real life business consultancy projects that will meet the learning outcomes of this module.
Managing materials, capacity and inventory performance.
Managing customer satisfaction and Quality management
Development of new business ventures products and services, entrepreneurship models
Designing processes and using technology
Business systems, financing, start-ups, risk and failure
Marketing systems and demand chain analysis
Future proofing, business growth, harvesting planning and development
Innovation and continuous improvement
|Application of Number
|Must provide high quality reports and deliver sound and well developed presentations of the key issues relating to the project.
|Improving own Learning and Performance
|The students are required to adapt their strategies and approaches to providing a suitable solution to the identified problem or issue and to show strong leadership skills to provide an effective solution to the issues identified.
|Use a variety of electronic web- and library-based resources to review available information and retrieve pertinent information. Use of word-processing and spreadsheet skills in assignment.
|Personal Development and Career planning
|Analysis undertaken on live business projects with solutions requiring realistic responses. Students must show critical reflective skills and adapt and improve solutions and the quality of the reports on an ongoing basis.
|Real life projects requiring students to identify and then resolve the problems posed by companies participating in this project.
|The module demands the participants to apply analytical skills to reason and understand the challenging nature of real life projects. By introducing a variety of theoretical as well as empirical topics, the module enables students to develop creative thinking approaches to problem solving. These skills will have to be applied in supervision sessions, preparation of the coursework and presentations .
|Subject Specific Skills
|This module develops students’ understanding and appreciation of business management theories and how these can be applied to address business issues.
|Students will need to show their ability to work as a team especially in the early stages of the project and in providing a solution to the issues highlighted.
This module is at CQFW Level 5